Click here for JOB POSTING DESCRIPTION
The Postgraduate Program of the Department of Family Practice, University of British Columbia, invites applications from Family Physicians for the position of Indigenous Lead Faculty of the Postgraduate Residency Program.
Applicants must be a Certificant of the College of Family Physicians of Canada. Educational and administrative experiences in residency training are desired.
The successful candidate should also demonstrate a proven record of leadership with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Preference will be given to candidates who have indigenous background or lived experience in working with indigenous communities.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Working closely with site directors, advise regional sites about engagement with potential indigenous teaching environments.
- Plan Departmental retreats to explore challenges and opportunities in teaching and assessment of indigenous Health competencies.
- Develop appropriate program learning outcomes for “Caring for indigenous Populations”.
- Develop, in conjunction with the Assessment Lead, effective assessment frameworks for residents in family medicine.
- Examine opportunities for the Indigenous Site to augment and support program wide learning around care of Indigenous populations.
- Assist in faculty development initiatives to support preceptor engagement in supporting the Indigenous Curriculum.
- Assist site directors in developing culturally safe support for residents of Indigenous origin during postgraduate training.