The Lloyd Jones Collins faculty award for family medicine research (2-3 awards of $5000-9000/each)
These awards are funded by the Lloyd Jones Collins Foundation to support family medicine research by UBC clinical faculty. The applications will be adjudicated by a panel of Department of Family Practice clinical faculty. The Lloyd Jones Collins Foundation, under the directorship of Dr. Goertzen and four associates, granted its first annual Resident Research Awards in 1999 and continues to generously support family medicine residency research and faculty development.
Clinical faculty can apply for a research award of up to $9,000 to assist them in conducting and publishing family medicine research.
The application process involves submitting an application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov. 1. The application must include:
- Name of applicant
- Overview of topic including brief literature review (max 250 words not including bibliography)
- Research question(s)
- What your project adds to the discipline of Family Medicine (max 250 words)
- What is the potential impact of this line of research (max 150 words)?
- A brief description of your methodology (max 250 words)
- How do you plan to spend the money (Budget)?
- How would you plan to build on this work (e.g. future grants/studies) (max 100 words)?
Successful applicants will be notified by Dec. 1.
Requirements: Awardees must submit an annual report including the financial report, project progress/final report, and list of any publications resulting from the award.